This page lists notable additions and updates to the SDK documentation and code samples.
- README added to Code Samples
- All code samples used in this guide now come with
READMEmaking it easier to browse them. They can be conveniently accessed via a separate GitHub repository.
- Dynamic Plugins update
- Added new sections Code and Troubleshooting to Dynamic Plugins.
- GitHub IntelliJ Platform Plugin Template
- Create new plugins with a preconfigured project scaffold and CI in one click.
- Disposer & Disposable
- Added reference discussing resource cleanup/management.
- Settings (Preferences)
- Added guide and tutorial on integrating with IDE Settings dialog.
- UI Inspector
- Inspect Swing components and associated data (like
AnActionfor menu item) using the UI Inspector.
- JCEF Support (Experimental Feature)
- Allows embedding Chromium-based browser in the IDE.
- All Code Samples converted to Gradle
- All samples now use the recommended solution of setting up plugin projects.
- Custom Language Support Tutorial converted to Gradle
- The corresponding tutorial and Testing a Custom Language Plugin have been updated and enhanced as well.
- Targeting specific IDEs
- Part VIII - Product Specific has been expanded massively, now also covering each IDE with its own dedicated page.
- Dynamic Plugins support
- Added starting point Dynamic Plugins for migrating plugins (IntelliJ Platform 2020.1 and later).
- Plugin Components migration
- Components being a legacy feature, the updated page describes migrating them to modern replacement API.
- Part X - Plugin Repository moved
- All contents have been moved to JetBrains Marketplace documentation.
- New page: Optimizing Performance
- How to improve performance working with PSI, indexing, and avoiding UI freezes.
- New Page: Kotlin UI DSL
- Describes preferred way of building UI/dialogs for IntelliJ Platform 2019.2 and later.
Last modified: 8 October 2020